Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Inject chicken breasts

Options
run4jc
run4jc Posts: 107
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all

Anyone have a good recipe for something to inject into chicken breasts? Tired of the same ol same ol. Sorry if I missed it in my search!

Any other suggestions? Want something really flavorful and juicy tonight! I'm a 'Bama fan and I'm hoping it is in celebration for a victory over the LSU Tigers...

:laugh:

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    was looking through can seen this one::

Marinade, Poultry, Sour Orange, Thirdeye

6 to 8 cloves garlic, crushed
    4 green onions or 1 red onion, chopped
    1 Tbs olive oil
    1 Tbs Salt
    1 tsp Fresh ground pepper
    1 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
    2 tsp Dried oregano
    chopped jalapeno, scotch bonnet or dried red peppers to taste
    1 cup Lime juice or sour orange juice

Recipe Type
    Marinade, Poultry

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Thirdeye, 11/28/06

i know it says marinade but if you inject just prior to grilling it would be pretty good.. just use a blender to get the garlic and onion small enough to go through the needle

HTH

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    Rather than injecting them, if you're just looking for something different then how about stuffing them? I did some of these a week of so ago. Just pounded them pretty flat (could have been thinner than what I did. Should have smacked 'em with a heavy fry pan), then rolled them up w/ fresh spinach, mushrooms, and Swiss cheese. Held them together w/ wooden skewers, cooked on raised grid, foil covered stone on spider, at about 400 for about 20 min. Could have cooked a little less, but still moist w/ the stuff inside. I'll do these again. Maybe w/ bleu cheese next time and broccoli instead of or along w/ spinach.