Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Recipe for boneless turkey breast

BabyrayBabyray Posts: 250
edited 11:40AM in EggHead Forum
Have request from friends to do some of these for Thansgiving.. Any help would be appreciated..(direct or indirect? Internal temp? dome temp? what rub to use?Thanks for any info.

Babyray aka Ray Price

Comments

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    I would cook them at 350 indirect on a roasting rack and drip pan underneath till the internal temperature comes to 160 degrees.As for a rub use your favorite mixed with a little olive oil to make a paste and rub under the skin being careful not to tear as well as all over the outside.If you desire some smoke use a mild wood like Pecan,Apple or Cherry.Check the label on the turkey because a lot of them already have been in a brine solution and if not you may want to brine the breast overnight in a quart of water with 1/4 cup turbinado sugar and a 1/4 cup kosher salt.Rinse and pat dry then apply your rub.
  • i follow above except i do 325 and brine for about 4 hours if needed.
  • I guess I'll be the rebel from your previous answers. I do mine direct on a raised grid. Egg at 400 with maple chips. I season with nothing other than Dizzy Pig Shakin the Tree. I flip at 15 minutes and check the temp in 10 more, pull when the turkey reachs 160.

This is one of my favorite things on the egg.
    Enjoy.