Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ideas for left over pulled pork

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any good recipes for left over pulled pork?

Comments

• Kelly Keefe
    Options
    sean,[p]There's the ever popular pulled pork enchilada. I like to add it to chef's salad instead of the traditional ham and turkey. Or tacos would be good.[p]Kelly
    [ul][li]Enchiladas[/ul]
  • Seattle Todd
    Options
    sean,[p]Quesadillas. Yum!
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    pulledporktaco.jpg
    <p />sean,[p]Sort of an echo, but these are always fun. I actually like to also make these up with out the avacado and sour cream and replace that with cheese and throw them on your plate setter for 10 minutes or so @350. Pull when cheese is melted and add the sour cream and avacado then.[p]Yum!!!!!!!!!!!

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Options
    Mickeyt,[p]Those red things look like them goat slugs we pulled off of uncle Freds legs after he went swimmin down at the waterin hole...is that them ?..no wonder that goat wolfed-em down..they is lookin real nice there...betta than when they was stuck on Freds legs...but looks like you cooked yours...maybe that's the difference..next time I'll try that.[p]StumpBaby
  • Mike in New England
    Options
    sean,[p]I'm making up a batch of chili and I'm tossing in a good amount of pulled pork that's in my freezer. The smokiness of the pork works into the chili. So good!
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    sean,
    Bean Soup! I save the bone and fat and boil it for stock. Then I toss in some beans and the left over Pulled Pork and make great bean soup. [p]Also, I mix it with diced potatoes and onions and fry it in a cast iron skillet for a great breakfast hash. It also works with leftover brisket. Either way, you can include some Red-Eye Gravy.[p]Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• I just did my first pulled pork and I had some store bought sauces to sample. Here are the wiinners in my book:[p]Bone Suckin' Mustard (sweet & hot)
    Bone Suckin' Sauce (a sweet red sauce)[p]They are made by Fords Foods, in NC. (800) 446-0947
    www.BoneSuckin.com.[p]Two others:[p]Bodean's Spicy Vinegar - very much vinegary with strong spices. This one worked very well on the pork, in a sandwich with creamy cole slaw on it too. Bottled by Ashman Manufacturing in VA Beach, VA.[p]Johnny D's Gimme Dat Barbeque and Dipping Sauce - Spicy. A terrific slightly smokey sauce with a little bit of a kick that would work on any kind of barbeque meat or dish. Johnny D's BBQ Co., Murrieta, CA. (800) 227-8348.[p]I bought all of them at Barbecues Galore. They are a big chain out here, but I don't know if they are nationwide.[p]Good luck.[p]Milt

• Animal Eater
    Options
    sean,
    I'm sure it would be welcome on a pizza... I'm thinking gouda and a sweet sauce, maybe some red onion and sliced olives.

• Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    sean,
    We use pulled pork to make tostados. I put just a small amount of lard (yes lard....but you can use vegetable oil) in a skillet, add the pork and a goodly amount of ground cumin. We pile it on the tostado shell (Milagro is the best brand around), add some rice, pinto beans, chopped onions, grated Mexican cheese, and sour cream. It sounds so very un-healthy and I know it is just a matter of time until the doctor says................but until then! Never had this so good until we cooked the pork on the egg.