Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Gasket

McKevinMcKevin Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
With the thread below about gaskets, & mine looking very much the worse for wear, I wanted to touch base about the replacement material that (I think) C~W brought up a while back from Rutland.[p]Has anybody tried it? & what's the verdict...[p]Thanks!
Kevin

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    mckevin, It should work fine..BGE is also testing it at present. I have some here that I will test as soon as the felt deteriorates. How big a rush are you for reports? [p]I think MAC is also replacing with it this week. Use the 5/8" wide by 3/8th inch thick material. Just use it on the top or bottom for the moment and see how it works on one side. I don't think with the extra thickness that it will be needed on both sides top and bottom ceramic portion's.[p][p]

[ul][li]seals[/ul]
  • McKevinMcKevin Posts: 47
    Char-Woody,[p]Well, I called Rutland to order, & was told that the only 5/8 they have is 1/8 thick, and that they don't sell direct :([p]Have to do something pretty soon, I pried my egg open with a putty knife the other day after a particularly insane steak event :)) & the gasket is in pretty sad shape.[p]Thanks,
    Kevin

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    mckevin, Let me know your address and I will see if I can ship you some from here. Last time I looked at the board there were only one or two left. I will e.mail Rutland for further information on that..Thanks..C~W[p]