Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

EGGtoberfest 2008 Cookbook version 1.0

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Like all version 1.0's, there are some things left to be done. Wess and the Whiz should have it out on their website later tonight or tomorrow.

Send any corrections, additional recipes or anything else you think should be added to it.
Bill

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Thanks for doing that Bill. -RP
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
    put this on the cover! :woohoo:

eggtoberfest2008II-097.jpg
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    there is no way that will happen!! if it does i will pale in comparisen to the photo of kenny g on the cover of the 06 book :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    It's in the "recipes and cookbooks" section, linked below....I very briefly looked at it, as I just saw the email, will let you know Bill if I find anything wrong....Thanks for all you do to make these available for all to use.

Wess
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks bill as usual we are glad for all of your hard work ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I think the pic of you and your "BUDDY" gnawing together on the bone in the parking lot would be better.
  • BENTE
    Options
    like i asked you about earlier

i am the source of the stuffed pork tenderloin's both of them..

just letting you know ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little Steven
    Options
    Terry,

I prefer this. I thik it captures the spirit of the fest, or Carmen...I dunno

How did that happen, I meant this
    038-1.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTE
    Options
    why should hungry nephew want to have second billing :blink: :whistle: :evil: :pinch: ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    kim was not even there????? :blink: :pinch: :unsure:

although i wish he was i met his daughter but did not seem him :huh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Little Steven
    Options
    Check it again.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Thanks Bill and Wess for all you guys do.
  • The Naked Whiz
    Options
    I'm enjoying a nice stay at a Starbuck's in Vista, California, so it will be the weekend before I get it posted. Until then, ah, the life of a Whiz.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • BENTE
    Options
    lol!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• hayhonker
    Options
    schweet....downloading and leaving you a message and listening to Brad Paisleys latest album "Play". I say everyone should have a copy!
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Terry,

I like it, I like it alot. We were trying to get him to put some pineapples and cherries up but he wouldn't.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTE
    Options
    come on now MUSIC????

try lucinda williams!!!!!! ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    sometimes rick is a little subdude!! :ohmy:

Eggtoberfest07004.jpg

"A Giant Amoung Eggers"
    Eggtoberfest07023.jpg

and then sometimes looking like the unibomber :pinch:

DSCN1180.jpg:lol:

but he is a great photo guy he took this one here last year

meetandgreet-003.jpg

my son with some of that BGE cupcake icing on him B)

at least he is not like some corrupting young minds :whistle:

Eggtoberfest07005.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Hi Wise One,

I have been looking for this post. I cooked a tri-tip roast at the Eggfest this year and would like to include it in the recipes.

Attached is the recipe:

Egg Fest Tri-Tip Recipe

1 1-2 lb. tri-tip
    1 small bottle of Wishbone Italian Salad Dressing (Oil)
    1 bottle on Paul Newman’s Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
    Put tri- tip into gallon freezer bag. Cover with 50 -50 blend of dressings. Refrigerate
    for 24 hours.
    Fire up Big Green Egg and level temperature at 250 degrees. Place tri- tip on an
    extender rack and cook until 135 degrees. Remove tri-tip and place on plate under foil.
    Allow BGE to heat to 450 -500 degrees and place tri-tip on direct heat. Sear meat about 3
    minutes on each side. Immediately remove from heat and allow meat to rest. When meat is
    rested cut on the diagonal and allow meat slices to absorb juices. You can warm up juices from
    previously foiled plate and add for more moisture.

Serving suggestion:
    Serve with mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.
  • Hi WessB,

I also cooked grilled pineapple at this year's EggFest. Please allow me to give you the recipe:

Egg Fest Pineapple

Approximately 3 lb of fresh pineapple spears
    Cinnamon
    Ginger

Light BGE and at 450 degrees place pineapple spears on the grill. Dust with cinnamon and ginger.

Let pineapple cook for 10 -15 minutes or until grill marks appear. Serve immediately.

Dale Waters