Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not An Egg Subject......However...........

Options
Gloria
Gloria Posts: 161
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Okay, this is not an Egg question, but the husband and I are planning another trip to Italy in September 2003. I have a lot of respect for the contributors to this Forum and just wanted to ask if anyone out there has been to this country and if so, if they have any suggestions. We probably will go back to the Ligurian region, more specifically the small hilltown of Perinaldo. I just thought I would ask because one never knows; after all, this is a small world, isn't it? We were there in September-October 2001 and had pizza in the border town of Ventimiglia that I have trying to duplicate ever since......but I am still getting square pizza that is too doggone thick. You can bet that this time I will watch the pizza guy's every move. Our trip was pre-Egg and it was only after returning that the husband wanted to build a "brick-oven" in which to cook pizza and lamb (which we had in Apricale, Italy). After lots of research we bought the large Egg and have never looked back. Can you imagine what the Italians could do with the Egg? I just wish we could carry one with us and give it to the village where we stayed!!!!! They have a chestnut festival in October and they build the fire in a ring of concrete blocks......lordy, lordy, could they roast some chestnuts on the BGE. Anyhow, if anyone out there has any info, we would appreciate it muchly.