Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Miracle Pork

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last Friday I was cooking 35 pounds of Boston butt for a church group. I went to the store could not find me any decent size butts so I asked the meat cutter (well maybe he was the assistant to the meat cutter)if he had some bigger Boston butts in the back. He came back with some 8-10 pounders packaged in cryovac (sp?) which seemed good so I bought 4 of them at a decent price ($1.59/lb). I took them home and unwrapped them and noticed that they were boneless and a bit darker but I figured maybe there were boneless picnics or something since I have found picnics to be a bit darker than butts. I rubbed them and coated them with mustard and put them on to cook. Twenty hours later they were done so I wrapped them and placed to rest for an hour or so. When I finally got to pulling them I realized the miracle that had occurred. My Boston butts had miraculously changed into beef briskets! I finished pulling them, put it all in to a large Riubbermaid container and pour a mixture of Coca-Cola and beef broth over the meat. I then vacuumed packed it and put it in the refrigerator. The next day at the event I reheated them in water and served with plenty of sauces and everyone but me thought it was great.

Ok, so I'm stupid not to notice and maybe no longer am deserving of the handle "Wise One" but the food was good and everyone loved the story of the miracle transformation. "All's well that ends well."

Comments