Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Black & White Chili

vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
edited 8:36PM in EggHead Forum
On Saturday, Todd (Big 'Un) had a chili party at his house. Thanks Todd & Jeannie for hosting a fun time.

I wanted to try something different so I combined 3 chicken chili recipes to form "Black & White Chicken Chili".

Here are some pics...I hope they work as I am having trouble with photobucket

getting ready

IMG_1056-1.jpg

cooking

IMG_1059.jpg

Ready to eat

IMG_1061.jpg

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    That looks really, really good! and the amounts are???
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Kim,that chile was great,but are you gonna make me try to read all the labels,or are you gonna cough up the recipe? :whistle: I would really like to try it here.I know my wife would love it :woohoo: ;)
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    It was realllly good! Kim you did a great job on that.
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Well, at least he uses more than ONE can unlike Sundowns... :kiss: :P
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    LOL
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Here is the recipe:

Black & White Chicken Chili

2 tbs Olive Oil
    1 med onion chopped
    2 cloves minced garlic
    1 lb chicken breast cooked & then cut into 1 inch cubes
    ½ lb ground chicken or turkey meat
    1 lg can (14.5oz) white (northern or cannelini beans) drained & rinsed
    1 lg can (14.5oz) black beans drained & rinsed
    1 lg can salsa verde
    1 lg can fire roasted tomatoes
    1 med can diced tomatoes w chiles
    1 med can niblet corn drained
    ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped fine
    1 can 14.5 oz chicken broth
    1 4 oz can diced green chiles
    ¼ tsp ground cumin (more if necessary)
    ½ tsp dried oregano
    ½ tsp ground coriander seed
    Salt & pepper to taste
    ¼ tsp chili powder
    ½ tsp lemon pepper
    1 tsp lime juice

Preheat BGE to 375…I used a 7 qt CI DO….

Heat oil & add ground chicken or turkey..cook until browned…drain grease…remove gr chicken or turkey and add chicken breast and cook for 20 minutes…drain chicken grease & cook onion & garlic until soft...cut up chicken breast into chunks when cooled

Add liquid ingredients and bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes
    Add corn, chicken, beans, and simmer 5 minutes
    Add all other ingredients and cook at 300 degrees until chili cooks down…add 2 tbs cornstarch if chili needs thickening

Serve with cheese, avocado, sour cream & chips…
    Thanks Kim,I will try it soon :woohoo:
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Soooo, are there any pictures from the Chili Party? Did you all form a pact, like a Vegas kind of thing? ;)
    What did Big'un make? I'm sure it was outa site, along with most of the other dishes.
  • GirlyEggGirlyEgg Posts: 622
    I put it into my Living Cookbook earlier, so if anyone wants a file to import... send me an email...
    Hey Ron,I didn't bring my camera,but Todd's friend Bruce took plenty of pics.Maybe Todd can post some for you slackers that didn't make it :lol: ;)
  • Kim,

Not sure that I have forgiven you for ducking eggfest but that's some good looking chili.
    006-16.jpg

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Nice winter fair there Kim. You can always tell the season by the food on the Egg! ;)
    Sorry Steve I hated to miss Eggtoberfest but St Maarten definitely was a lot of fun.... :P

enjoy the chili... B)
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    looks like someone is trying to hide something behind there back!!!
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,914
    or you'll never get any Real Manly Chili! Not many 'girls' can handle it well. And, as for the above, well . . . too many cans for me to open. ;)
    I was hiding a delicious piece of Moose sausage...mmm good... :)