Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison

Options
Bama Egger
Bama Egger Posts: 137
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I don't know if I like it,(didn't use to) but am willing to try again. Does anyone have a tasty recipe for deer loin or deer steak? How should it be cooked? I understand it may be tough due to not having any fat. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• GWW
    GWW Posts: 43
    Options
    Paul, your right about venison not having much fat at all, so you have to be willing to eat it not cooked more than medium, more to the medium rare side is better. For meat lovers wanting it on the well side I would look for something elese to serve. Like any other cut of meat the loin is going to be the most tender especially when it comes to venison. Using other cuts always work out well in stews or chili. I always thought marinating it in Italiam dressing and maybe some worchestshire sauce made it especially yummy, just an hour or so will do then grill as you like! Hope this helps....cheers
  • Bama Egger
    Options
    GWW,
    Thanks for the info. Will try exactly as you suggest.