Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Great Pork Loin

Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For New Years day dinner we invited my son's entire basketball team (10 18-22 year olds) over for pork loin, collards, black-eyed peas, rice with tomatoes, and cornbread. Since I had to do two pork loins I decided to play with one. I opened it up by spiral slicing it so that I had a 1/2" piece or pork about 11" by 16" and then slattered that with mustard, herbs and a good coating of BlueSmoke's EZ Life rub. I then laid two links of Andouille sausage on the meat and rolled it back up and tied it with butcher twine. I then put more EZ Life on the outside along with a few herbs. The second one I sliced open and stuffed with apricot jam, dried cranberries, spicy horseradish mustard and some dill pickle "stackers" and used BlueSmokes Gilded Splinters on it. Rolled back up I used more Gilded Splinters on the outside. I cooked these over 300 degree heat for about 2 1/2 hours until I got an internal temperature of 165. The guys just devoured both of them but left nothing of the sausage stuffed loin. The only suggestion I got was that I should put more sausage in next time. They really liked the spice of the sausage with the pork.[p]Now this team gets to play against Rhodes College in Memphis on January 24 so I may just get an opportunity to try some of that Memphis BBQ for myself.