Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Pork Loin

Options
Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For New Years day dinner we invited my son's entire basketball team (10 18-22 year olds) over for pork loin, collards, black-eyed peas, rice with tomatoes, and cornbread. Since I had to do two pork loins I decided to play with one. I opened it up by spiral slicing it so that I had a 1/2" piece or pork about 11" by 16" and then slattered that with mustard, herbs and a good coating of BlueSmoke's EZ Life rub. I then laid two links of Andouille sausage on the meat and rolled it back up and tied it with butcher twine. I then put more EZ Life on the outside along with a few herbs. The second one I sliced open and stuffed with apricot jam, dried cranberries, spicy horseradish mustard and some dill pickle "stackers" and used BlueSmokes Gilded Splinters on it. Rolled back up I used more Gilded Splinters on the outside. I cooked these over 300 degree heat for about 2 1/2 hours until I got an internal temperature of 165. The guys just devoured both of them but left nothing of the sausage stuffed loin. The only suggestion I got was that I should put more sausage in next time. They really liked the spice of the sausage with the pork.[p]Now this team gets to play against Rhodes College in Memphis on January 24 so I may just get an opportunity to try some of that Memphis BBQ for myself.