Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Great Pork Loin

Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
For New Years day dinner we invited my son's entire basketball team (10 18-22 year olds) over for pork loin, collards, black-eyed peas, rice with tomatoes, and cornbread. Since I had to do two pork loins I decided to play with one. I opened it up by spiral slicing it so that I had a 1/2" piece or pork about 11" by 16" and then slattered that with mustard, herbs and a good coating of BlueSmoke's EZ Life rub. I then laid two links of Andouille sausage on the meat and rolled it back up and tied it with butcher twine. I then put more EZ Life on the outside along with a few herbs. The second one I sliced open and stuffed with apricot jam, dried cranberries, spicy horseradish mustard and some dill pickle "stackers" and used BlueSmokes Gilded Splinters on it. Rolled back up I used more Gilded Splinters on the outside. I cooked these over 300 degree heat for about 2 1/2 hours until I got an internal temperature of 165. The guys just devoured both of them but left nothing of the sausage stuffed loin. The only suggestion I got was that I should put more sausage in next time. They really liked the spice of the sausage with the pork.[p]Now this team gets to play against Rhodes College in Memphis on January 24 so I may just get an opportunity to try some of that Memphis BBQ for myself.