Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib results - awesome!

Steve-O
Steve-O Posts: 302
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thanks to all of you who have responded to recent posts about how to cook prime rib. I have read and re-read them all, and they helped me prepare one of my best meals on the egg. As Uncle Milt's earlier post observes, there are a number of ways suggested as the best way to prepare prime rib. And I was undecided as to which to follow, but at my wife's suggestion, I finally decided to sear all four sides on my small at 600¡ for 3 minutes a side, (the little guy got a way from me for a short time and rocketed up to 750¡) then put it on my large, indirect, at 325¡ until it reached an internal temp of 130¡. I was afraid that I had overdone the searing, because it looked pretty black when it came off the small, but the result was magnificent! What a delicious piece of meat. I seasoned with some Cow Lick Steak Rub and garlic powder, and it was better than any prime rib I've had in a restaurant. This was a 4+ pound two bone roast, and I will definitely be doing one of these again the next time they go on sale. Leftovers for today's lunch!

Comments