Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butt and Brisket at the same time?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While drooling over all the entries of late concerning BBQ, I was tossing the idea around about a boys only Mid-Winter Eskimo Smoke fest. In order to maximise the smoked goodies, I was hoping to do a 7lb Boston Butt with a 10lb brisket both at the same time. I've heard some of you guys doing this, I was wondering what temp, how long and what the set-up looked like. I want a long slow hickory smoke. Any suggestions? Thanks and Happy Smokin' New Year!

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Colorado Jim,
    Ooo. an Eskimo fest. That is an idea that deserves going ahead at full steam! A good setup would be to hang a drip pan under your main grate, and set your brisket on the main grate...elevated over the drip pan. Then use an extended grate, or a second grate elevated with firebrick pieces, to set your butt on so it is elevated over the brisket. At 250 dome, you are prolly looking at a 12-15 hour cook.[p]Lots of ways to set it up. Depends on what you have to work with.[p]Happy New Year back atcha, and enjoy the Fest!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Chuck
    Chuck Posts: 812
    Options
    bnb.jpg
    <p />Colorado Jim,[p]Do it, the bet brisket I have done was cooked this way. The picture is of two 8 lb butts over a 14 lb brisket. The setup is an inverted plate setter, drip pan, grid with the brisket and a BGE grid extender with the butts. I did these at 220 for almost 19 hours with a lot of hickory chunks and man were they good. Good luck with your cook.[p]Chuck