Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

First pulled pork

newMikenewMike Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After a couple of visits to Natureboy's place and some excellant BB-Q. I finally got my own egg for Christmas. Saturday was the day for my first try at pulled pork! [p]I have been using a dry rub for a few years now, so I coated the pork with rub and let in set over night in my fridge.[p]I fired up the egg at 5:00 am, and placed a 7 lb. Boston butt on the grill and let it cook for 12 hours at 250 degrees. I did have a little flux in temp but i kept a close eye on it, and made adjustments as the day went on.[p]I used a large handfull of apple wood and a 3 inch square piece of mesquite for flavor. [p]The pork turned out pretty good, but not as good as what Chris can do. I served the pork with rolls, sauce and coleslaw. All but half a pound was gone by 10:00 that night. Leftovers were very good![p]Thanks Chris C. (Natureboy) your BB-Q has been an inspiration! [p]Michael