Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First pulled pork

Options
newMike
newMike Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After a couple of visits to Natureboy's place and some excellant BB-Q. I finally got my own egg for Christmas. Saturday was the day for my first try at pulled pork! [p]I have been using a dry rub for a few years now, so I coated the pork with rub and let in set over night in my fridge.[p]I fired up the egg at 5:00 am, and placed a 7 lb. Boston butt on the grill and let it cook for 12 hours at 250 degrees. I did have a little flux in temp but i kept a close eye on it, and made adjustments as the day went on.[p]I used a large handfull of apple wood and a 3 inch square piece of mesquite for flavor. [p]The pork turned out pretty good, but not as good as what Chris can do. I served the pork with rolls, sauce and coleslaw. All but half a pound was gone by 10:00 that night. Leftovers were very good![p]Thanks Chris C. (Natureboy) your BB-Q has been an inspiration! [p]Michael