Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newbie with Loin Questions

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
CityofDalton.jpg
<p />Sup Homers,
I rec'd a new small egg for Xmas and I'm ready to fire it up. I have read, watched the vid and feel I'm now a little EGGucated enough to cause damage. What I have to cook you ask? Well, kids a nice 9.4 lbs BONEless PORK Loin screaming "Eat Me" everytime I open the ice box. Now, ya see I have my lump charcoal, and every known spice, marinade, sauce as well some of them dar smoking chips of differing attributes. So.....if ya think you are the Master of Loin Domain then please give me a tip or two on Temp, Time, Prep, # of beers consumed by normal humans (I'll multiply by 2) while cooking....ya know give me the Goods! If your suggestions help me, well then I'll thank ya formally here in front of the congrEGGation.

Comments

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Carpet City Chef,[p]Pork loin is great choice for an initial cook. [p]Check out Mr. Toad's classic recipe below. You'll need a Polder or other instant read thermometer to check internal temp.[p]K~G

[ul][li]Pork Loin Roast[/ul]
  • Carpet City Chef, there are many ways to do loin and they are all easy. my favorite is to rub with olive oil and apply lemon pepper salt heavily to it , wrap in saran and let sit for coupla of hours in refrig. Get humpty to 250-275 and cook, indirect, drip pan with apple juice, hickory wood for smoke, apple wood if you like milder smoke flavor. cook until 145 internal, take off and let rest for 10-15 mins. and then eat. sometimes I will apply a bbq sauce to the loin approx 30 min until it is done and cook it direct, turning frequently so the sauce will carmalize. I do love the loin.