Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking tips for Rib Roast

Options
newMike
newMike Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Santa arrived early at my house and he brought me a BIG GREEN EGG! Now I have this rib roast that Santa wants me to cook for Christmas dinner and I'm not sure how long a 4.75 lb. rib roast will need to cook for? [p]According to the cook book that came with my Egg, I should cook it at about 300 degrees but it does not say how long it should take to cook. Can anyone help me please! I woulkd love to hear any tips that you may have as well.[p]Merry Christmas and Merry cooking!!!![p]Michael

Comments

• NewMike,[p]Last weekend I cooked at 4.58 lb bone-in rib roast at 350°. My set up was a v rack and drip pan. It took two hours to reach an internal temp of 125°.[p]A quick check of my notes shows another bone-in rib roast, 4 lbs, 350°, that took two hours to reach an internal temp of 122°.[p]Pout