Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

What to do with a nice breast

HooterHooter Posts: 123
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Couldn't resist...
Cooking a turkey breast on the big day. Any great ideas? Brining...rubbing...??? Thanks for any ideas.
Chicken breast w/ Bobby Flay rub on the egg tonight (Ok, maybe he's a wuss q-er, but the sixteen spice rub is mighty good).

Comments

• Hooter,
    Brining won't hurt. I brined some for T-giving using Alton Brown's orange juice brine from his book. I put Montreal Steak Seasoning on one and Tsunami Spin on the other. Smoked with pecan, as I recall. Both disappeared pretty quickly at the pot luck dinner I took them to.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • CaneyCaney Posts: 36
    Hooter,[p]Have done several turkey breast. I marinade over night in fresh apple cider. Day of cook I lightly cover in virgin olive oil, kosher salt and fresh ground pepper. I place in a "v" rack on the grill, cook indirect over a drip pan with fresh apple cider in drip pan. Place probe in thickest part of brest, careful not to touch breast bone. Bring egg up to 350 F. I use pecan chips, two handfuls, for smoke. Remove at 165 F. internal temp. Tender and moist, have never been disapointed. [p]Hope this helps.
    Caney

• HooterHooter Posts: 123
    Caney,[p]Yum...sounds like the winner. Thanks for the suggestion. Merry Christmas...or happy holidays, whichever suits ya!