Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Finshed butt cook

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ten pound butt, injected with apple juice,honey and some dizzy dust. Coated with mustard,dizzy dust and gilded splinter's rub, wrapped in plastic for 2 days in the fridge. Cleaned Mr.Egg out and loaded with sorted (thank you Elder Ward) lump to almost the top of fire ring, plate setter,drip pan grid and butt on the grid. [p]Put the butt on about 5:30 P.M. yesterday, removed at 12:40 P.M. today, almost could not get it off the grill because it was so large and was trying to fall apart. Thank god I had two spatulas, one large one regular sizet help get it off.
Wrapped in foil and a towel,into the cooler. Will pull it in about 30 min. I had at least a third of my lump left so I opened him up for about 15 min after removing the setter and drip pan to clean the grill and any fat that may fallen in when I was removing the butt. Cooking temp. 200°-250°.
My neghbors will be very happy.[p]Cheers, 1554 Brussels Style Black ale to ya,
New Bob
Thanks Nature Boy for back channeling me with guidance.