Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Essence Dusted Scallops Wrapped in Bacon

QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
edited 2:52AM in EggHead Forum
essence-scallops.jpg
<p />Here's a look at Wise One's Scallops Wrapped in Bacon, with an Emeril twist! Just did these on Sunday and they were yummy![p]QBabe
:~)

·

Comments

• CRCR Posts: 175
    QBabe, I hope your having fun driving us crazy with these pictures; you know, for some of us it not dinnertime yet. I'm dying here![p]Great pictures, I'm going to do those shrimp this weekend, boy do they look delicious.

·
  • MickeyTMickeyT Posts: 607
    QBabe,[p]Another mouth watering picture. My wife wants me to do scallops for x-mas to go along with our beef tenderloin. Those done pretty low or a higher heat? Times?[p]Thanx.[p]Mick

·
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    MickeyT,
    Here's an idea, get QBabe to cook for ya. Damn, she is doing a fine job.[p]New Bob

·
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    MickeyT,[p]The are from the BGE Cookbook that Wise One compiled a while back. There are two methods listed. This one was the indirect method without precooking the bacon...seems like it was in the 375° range, if my memory serves me correctly, but I'm at work and don't have the recipe in front of me. Will check to be sure when I get home.[p]Tonia

·
  • QBabe,
    How do you say HOME RUN? Those look great.[p]CWM

·
  • MickeyT,[p]Not sure if QBabe used tiny bay scallops or if she cut sea scallops to fit on toothpicks, but I am thinking that if your wife wants "surf and turf", you might go with a few large sea scallops to put on each plate for your Christmas dinner.[p]Those little ones look great, though![p]Lee

·
  • QBabe, looks very good. But a variaton is using Mrs. Dogs jerk marinade or a jerk to your liking. Oh Yea babe.[p]
    ·
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    QBabe,[p]Another GOOD looking treat. Post the recipe ... please!
    ·
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    QSis,[p]They were actually labeled sea scallops and were much bigger than the other scallops in the case....but I thought they were kind of small also.[p]Tonia

·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    QBabe, get rid of that guy who calls himself "qbabe's husband"....I'm yours! That looks delicious.

·