Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grouper

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for some recommendations on what to do with some Grouper Filets I plan to cook tonight.
·

Comments

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    jrw:[p]Dust them with some Lawry's and grill them in the range of 300* - 325* dome temperature until done. Careful now, over cooked fish is only for the cat . . .
    ·
  • Thanks for the reply. I've never cooked fish on my BGE, any idea how long I should cook? Filets are about 1/2 inch thick.
    ·
    jrw:[p]In a hot egg, approximately 20 to 25 minutes should do it.

·
  • SpooferSpoofer Posts: 31
    djm5x9,
    Lawry's...why don't ya just use a hammer?

·
    spoofer:[p]Silly! The Lawry's comes AFTER the hammer!

·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    jrw,
    I would try cooking them on a well oiled and pre-heated vegetable grate. Brush the fish with oil or butter and season with salt & pepper. Arrange the filets on the grate & grill until browned on the bottom & starting to turn opaque on top, 3-6 minutes. Turn the filets over with a spatula, brush with oil or butter again and cook for another 3-6 minutes until the fish breaks into firm flakes when pressed with a finger. Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
    A favorite method of mine for grouper & snapper is to coat the fish with mayo, then salt, lemon pepper, dill and green onions. I grill it on a piece of foil until done (without turning it). Good luck! JCA

·
  • bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    J Appledog,[p]Hi Ms. Julie! Welcome home, and did you bring some of that wonderful Florida grouper home with you?
    ·
  • J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    BBQBeth, Thanks! No grouper; just some buttonwood so I can smoke some dolphin, hopefully like the great treat we found on Captiva. Drove by your exit but was on a mad dash for Destin and endless oysters that day. JCA

·
  • Elder WardElder Ward Posts: 330
    jrw,[p]Hope it came out great. I have nothing to add.[p]Elder Ward

·