Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dutch Oven ?

Options
aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have 2 now a 5 and a 7 qt both cast iron ,would like to get smaller size ,is the coated finish better or just go with the old cast finish ?
Also whats a good out let for the small sizes 2 and soup size
Thanks Dave
000_0035.jpg

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    for something small you could go for a bean pot, i use one in the egg and its good for beans soup etc. they come in different sizes. check out the pot shop of boston
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    By coated I'm assuming you mean enamal like Le Creuset not non stick. I have both and like both. The Le Creuset is easer to clean and cooks great especially doing breads. Cast works well as well and gives a slightly more "outdoor" flavor which I atribute to slight burning where food contacts the cast. Course coated cost more. You can certainly make do with nothing but Wal Mart cast but especially small dishes I use the Le Creuset. As outlet: Ebay