Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Loin of Pork with Fennel and Garlic

StanleyStanley Posts: 623
edited 3:27AM in EggHead Forum
My wife saw this recipe on an episode of Barefoot Contessa:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/loin-of-pork-with-fennel-and-garlic-recipe/index.html
"Rosemary" should be in the title.
100_1051.jpg
Here's the line up of ingredients. I didn't have the butcher "French" the roast (so sue me :) )

100_1052.jpg
The roast, slathered with a paste of rosemary, garlic, fennel seed, lemon zest, EVOO, Dijon, S&P

100_1054.jpg
On the grid (indirect), with a big spud...

100_1055.jpg
at 400° dome...

100_1056.jpg
to 140° internal (about 80 minutes?)

100_1057.jpg
Done

100_1058.jpg
End-cut plated (with a butter lettuce, beet salad)

100_1059.jpg
Center-cut plated

We liked this a lot. I never had luck with pork loin until I found the Egg. Now I get moist and tender. This was the best I've done.

Comments

• Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    You'll get better :)

Next time try coating that tater with EVOO and Sprinkle with Sea or Course Kosher Salt.

Drop the dome to 350. Give all that goodness a chance to get happy..

It does look good.
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    Man, I like the looks of that bone-in pork. Love those bones! Nice Job!

Mike
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Get back to making handles and tools.. Stop playing on the internet... :woohoo:
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,757
    I licked the screen!! 8 - )~~~
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,508
    That looks really good Stanley. I love the crust and you can tell by the pictures that the meat was not overdone. Musta tasted good. I am not a big rosemary fan, but noticed "Fennel". Very interesting spice. I use the seeds a lot, but am really interested in learning more about the root (or is it a tuber?).

Did the rosemary mellow out with the cook?? Love that crust.

Thanks for the pics!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    You could definitely taste the rosemary, but it was not at all overpowering.

This one used fennel seeds - I ground them coarsely before throwing them in the food processor. I really like fennel bulb too. It's great grilled.
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Outstanding, Stanley. I'll save the page out for ideas when everyone gets tired of what I'm producing out there on the eggs.