Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What\'s you fav Mexican recipe?

Options
2»

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    this one is a favorite around here ;)

Enchilada Casserole

A savory pan of cheese-rich Enchilada Casserole make for a delicious family dish on a busy weeknight. Toss a green salad together while this casserole is baking and serve with a bowl of fluffy rice.

1 lb lean ground beef
    1 (1 small) cup chopped peeled onion
    2 clove garlic, finely chopped
    2 (10-oz.) cans Ortega® Enchilada Sauce with Green Chiles & Onion
    1 (2 1/2-oz.) can sliced ripe olives, divided
    10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut in half,divided
    2 (8-oz.) cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided

1 Preheat oven to 375º F. Grease bottom of 9-inch-square baking dish.
    2 Combine beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
    3 Stir in enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes.
    4 Layer half of tortillas on bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with half of beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat layers; cover.
    5 Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining olives and green onions.

Servings: 8
    Preparation time: 15 minutes
    Cooking time: 25 minutes

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Cooking Tips
    when i got my trial version of living cookbook this recipe was with it. i tried this and really enjoyed it. we have put chicken in it also. and if i remember correctly we used some leftover spatchcocked chicken before with good results. this is one of the easiest recipes there is!! TB 2008/08/23

Recipe Source
    Source: Nestlé

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Day-um, Thirdeye, those are some beautiful eats there.