Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

frozen butt

GaDawgGaDawg Posts: 178
edited 8:57AM in EggHead Forum
Looking for advice. I have 4.5 lb butt that was all rubbed
and ready to go a few weeks ago. I had to abort the cook and
tossed it in the freezer. I want to overnight it tomorrow
night. Does anyone see a problem with putting it on frozen
or partly frozen? I did ribs that way and couldn't tell the
difference.[p]Chuck

Comments

• GaDawg,
    Never had your problem, but, seal the butt in a plastic bag and lay in cold water for an hour. It shouldn't be frozen and you can cook as normal.
    How bout them dawgs?[p]CWM

• djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    GaDawg:[p]Put it in the kitchen sink with a folded towel over it. Tomorrow morning put it back in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook.
  • GaDawg,
    I've got a similar situation but plan on thawing prior to the cook. Marinated two pork tenderloins from Sam's in Goya Mojo Criollo (Tampa native) for 24 hours and had to abort the experience. They have been frozen for three weeks are going to hit the Egg on Saturday night. Go Gators!

• GaDawgGaDawg Posts: 178
    Car Wash Mike,
    I went to the SEC Championship game Saturday night.
    It was a great day to be a Dawg. I'll report on how my
    semi-frozen butt does.
    Chuck

• QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    Dave's Not Here,[p]Are you in G'ville, too? Just curious to know if there are other eggers nearby?[p]QBabe
    :~)

• QBabe,
    No, moved to Atlanta after 4 great years in Gainsville ... circa Cheech and Chong ... 27 years ago.