Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

first butt and trying to post pic

Options
Tennisbum
Tennisbum Posts: 228
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
brats011.jpg

hope this comes across. this was the first time for a pork butt and my oh my am I impressed with the BGE. did an over nighter and it held that temp like a champ.
gp

Comments

• Austin Smoker
    Options
    Nice work! Looks good...how did it taste?
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Picture post worked. Congratulations. That's a nice crustybutt. Don't know about you, but where I live, pulled pork is not big. So, good results from the Egg makes up for less than wonderful commercial product.

I don't have a remote fan system, but do have a remote thermometer. Tho' most cooks do just fine, I still wake up to peer at the readout every four hours to be sure the temp hasn't plunged or run way up.

Have fun. Many more wonderful cooks ahead
  • BigBlueEgg
    Options
    I'm interested in doing a low and slow pretty soon. Either want to do a but for pulled pork or a brisket. What are some recipes for either?
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    For a first time it sure looks like you nailed it.You have to take a picture of the pulled product.I have a feeling that this is not your first attempt at pulled pork.Curious what your first cooker was.Keep up the good work and the next time you post a picture I do not want to see any white ceramic inside of that egg.Welcome to Green Egg cooking.
  • Tennisbum
    Options
    Had some for dinner tonight and I must admit it was probably my best effort. I promise next pic will not have any white.
    gp
  • Tennisbum
    Options
    in the past used a weber smoky mountain so long smoky mountain..
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Suspicions confirmed on the Weber.Now you have a fantastic cooker that does it all as you will soon find out. This is a very friendly forum that you can gather a vast amount of knowledge from.Never be afraid to ask any questions on ceramic cooking.Don't forget to get the inside of your Egg to a dark color by the end of the month.Which means about two weeks a easy task to accomplish.