Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grilled Artichokes

NilsNils Posts: 82
edited 7:05AM in EggHead Forum
Here are the dinner guests:
IMG_2420.jpg

and here they are 45 minutes later!
IMG_2427.jpg

I've had a few friends ask how I make them, so view the slide show here:
http://s408.photobucket.com/albums/pp163/NilsHansen/Grilled%20Artichokes/
·

Comments

• BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    That's interesting, never seen em like that before. Thanks for the link. I like the way you cut them and removed the choke. Will have to give a few a try.

Hope you enjoyed them.

Cheers,
    Bordello
    ·
  • NilsNils Posts: 82
    Been making them like that for years - they are a favorite amoung family and friends. I have made these by the dozen for parties. Can do all the prep - short of grilling - and keep warm in an ice chest for hours, just toss a few on the grill as needed.

They do grill better in halves, and since halved, easiest to remove the choke before cooking while they are still cold ;)

Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Looks good, thanks for the step by step.
    ·