Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PING!! ..Frank in Houma!!

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sausage & Peppers recipe...I think I stole this recipe from a post you made a while back..had it in my 'to dos'..gonna try it tomorrow I think...you didn't say, the 4-6 hrs of cooking this dish in the DO..covered or uncovered??

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    Ouch!! What was that? Oh, I was pinged.

Eggtucky - That wasn't me, but sausage and peppers sounds good. I don't think I have used a lid on any of my DO cooks. Seems like someone posted a while back that the lid wasn't really required in the Egg unless you were baking a bread. But don't trust me on that - it's pretty early here and sometimes I get "halfheimers" in the morning.

Geauxing fishing. Maybe I'll Egg up some gator sauce picante this evening or maybe some gators will make some tiger burgers - who knows?

101_1149.jpg
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Frank,

How about a recipe for that Gator sauce picante.
    Thanks
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Make a roux with a cup of oil and a cup of flour.
    After darkening the roux add
    2 cups chopped onions
    1 cup chopped onion tops
    1 bell pepper chopped
    couple stalks of celery chopped
    1/4 cup of garlic chopped
    Cook the seasoning in the roux continually stirring about 15 minutes
    Add about 3 lbs of tomatoes chopped (or a couple cans)
    Add a small can of tomato paste
    Add fish stock to get the right consistency
    Add cut up gator (or redfish, or red snapper)
    Cook till the gator (fish) is done

You can use chicken stock and boneless chicken thighs instead of gator/fish. Or you could use wabbit.
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    Options
    Thanks Frank. Think I will try this in DO on egg with some catfish fillets I have left.