Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elder's World Class Brisket!!!!

Options
Kip
Kip Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Egged my first brisket yesterday and it was Elder's recipe. Best brisket anyone at the table ever had. And I have some picky friends. [p]Elder: I would say it's Universe class at least! Awesome! I posted a recipe for Planked Potlatch Salmon to return the favor. For those that haven't tried Elder's brisket....well the weekend isn't over yet!

Comments

• Kip,
    This is for you and anybody else that would like to input... If I was to go out to the butcher shop and hope to walk away with the perfect brisket for the egg, what would i end up with? What would it be called? What would I ask for? etc... I have seen so many different posts about different names for briskets I am totally confused, and a bit intimidated by maybe coming home with a piece of meat that never would turn out good, even though I thought I picked a brisket out of the meat counter. I have a great butcher, and if I ask him for what it is that I really want, I will cooking a "brisket" next weekend. Thanks all.
    Seth [p][p]

• Kip
    Kip Posts: 87
    Options
    Bought the brisket out of the case at the local Sams Club. 10 pounds, reasonable fat cap. This will sound crazy, but after a year and a half with the Egg, it's less about the meat and more about the recipe (and the 10 hours in the Egg!) Trial and error. Just buy one and see. Strongly recommend Elder Ward's recipe. Made the brisket, the beans and the sauce. All were award winning. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
  • Kip,
    Would you direct me to Elder's Brisket recipe please. I have seen his directions for PP, but not brisket. Thanks a bunch.
    Seth

• Seth Howard,[p]Here's the link.[p]rj

[ul][li]Elder's Brisket Recipe[/ul]
  • Elder Ward
    Options
    Kip,[p]I am glad you liked it. My wife loves salmon so I will try your recipe and give you feed back. [p]If you got em smoke em,[p]Elder Ward