Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porkgasm

Options
Egglicious
Egglicious Posts: 150
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was just looking at some pics and reading about the Porkgasm, it looks very yoummy. So what is it??? Looks like bacon wraped pork loin.

Happy Egging,

js

Comments

• Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    See these posts: LINKY and LINKY2
    I made one last nite. Very good. For my next one I think I will use mild or hot sausage instead of the sage. Or get sweet or hot Italian sausage and remove them from their cases.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    pork tenderloin ,,, small 1-2 lbs? 1 lb ball sausage, i like jimmy dean savory sage.. bacon and toothpicks

tri-tip027.jpg

put the sausage between saranwrap and use rolling pin

tri-tip028.jpg

wrap with bacon secure with tooth pics

tri-tip030.jpg

cook direct at 350° turing as bacon crisps

tri-tip031.jpg

tri-tip032.jpg

pork tenderloin will be at 140 sausage will be at 160 when bacon is done . lower temps or indirect will result in dry pork by the time the bacon is done
  • WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Options
    Oh my, looks great. Can't get a perspective on size, but could this be done on a Mini? Looks like it, but maybe has to be cut in two.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    platter is 15 3/8 x 10 13/16's the bottom of the 'well' in teh platter is approx 11 inches the mini grid is about 9 .. so two pieces or trim a bit off each end.. not a bad idea as the sausage gets a bit thin in spots . i think i will do a step by step , time and temp with measurements porkgasm on the mini and make a slide show this weekend.
    bill
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    I don't have a Mini, but couldn't you sort of bend this creation in a 'C' until it fit? Kinda flexible I think.
  • you need to be aboe to roll/ turn on all sides to crisp bacon , if it is shaped like a banana it won't roll
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    Oops, forgot about having to cook 360 degrees, rather than just top and bottom. My bad.