Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I am officially happy!

Ric McN
Ric McN Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I toiled and toiled over the decision to buy a ceramic cooker instead of a new horizontal rig. I bought the egg last Saturday night..Grilled steaks, fine and Sunday smoked a chicken. But today after printing out Tim M's pictures of the 3.1.1-5 cook, I commenced to smoke baby backs. They turned out great! My daughter said "Dad these are good and they don't hurt your teeth tearing off the meat". So now, I am now officialy happy with my cookin' stuff. With the help of the forum and contributors the sky's the limit.

Comments

• Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Ric McN,
    Welcome to the BGE! As you know by now, this forum is a great place to get tips and suggestions and to meet some really nice people. Happy cookin"!!

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    Ric McN,[p]I guess it's too late to warn you, but there is a downside to owning an Egg. When you go out to eat, you are always thinking, "Heck, I can make way better food than this at home." Ribs, fish, chicken, whatever -- going out to eat has lost a lot of its charm for me.[p]Oh, well. I still can't make decent Chinese food at home, thank goodness.[p]Welcome to the clan!

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Ric McN,
    Welcome to the Green Room. There are a lot of great folks here who will help you along the way to becoming an eggspert. Hopefully, you will never regret becoming part of the BGE family!
    Hammer

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Ric McN,
    Welcome!
    The up side to this is that while you might have spent a little more money on an egg, your daughter's dental health is already improving. With luck, she won't have to have any costly dental work done, thus saving money!
    Yep, food at your house just got better.
    Funny thing...the other day I was broiling a few links of sausage to go with pasta and I turned the oven on to cook a meat product. Can't remember the last time I did that...but I do remember the results...a dry chicken.
    Anyway, this forum is a great help...just ask away and someone will know the solution to your question.

• P8210036.JPG
    <p />Ric McN,
    Welcome! Hopefully we'll see ya around often. May I suggest you go for a pulled pork cook? This pic is the result of my first pulled pork attempt on my egg.... and may I add, this was done the DAY I received my egg.
    -Joel

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Ric McN,[p]Welcome to a world of good folks and great stories/recipes.[p]The fun is just starting.[p]Mick
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,869
    MickeyT,
    you've been MIA for a week - not sure you even got your emails so I'll take this approach. I patched you through to Dr Chicken for his eggspert advice and recipes for egging a ham. Please review your emails.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.