Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

any advice on cooking 10# prime rib

David
David Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
any advice on cooking 10# prime rib

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    david,
    Earl & Barb cook the best prime rib i've had.
    Larry

[ul][li]Earls Prime Rib[/ul]
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    david,[p]Cooked many of them and have settled on this method. Cook's Illustrated also follows this preparation technique as well. Keep in mind, this recipe is for the oven, very easily adapted to your cooker, You do need to sear it...I use my gasser or follow the directions in the recipe.[p]Stogie
    ____________________________________________________________[p]Standing Rib Roast [p]CHRIS'S HERBED ROAST
    2 tablespoon(s) Basil, fresh
    2 tablespoon(s) Oregano, chopped
    2 tablespoon(s) Parsley, fresh, chopped
    2 tablespoon(s) Rosemary, fresh
    2 tablespoon(s) Garlic, crushed
    1 tablespoon Black pepper
    1 1/2 tablespoon(s) Salt
    4 tablespoon(s) Olive oil[p]Mix all ingredients into a paste and apply to roast. Let sit overnight.[p]
    MUSTARD PRIME RIB
    2 tablespoon(s) Black peppercorns
    2 tablespoon(s) Mustard seed
    1/2 cup Mustard, whole grain
    2 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoon(s) Rosemary, fresh[p]Crush the pepper and mustard seeds. Mix all together into a paste and apply to roast. Let sit overnight.[p]KEVI'S KING OF THE ROASTS
    Worcestershire sauce or A1 Sauce
    Horseradish
    Yum Yum Steak Seasoning[p]Slather on sauce, then apply horseradish and finally sprinkle with seasoning. Let sit overnight.[p]
    Cooking instructions for all recipes: Allow roast to come to room temperature. Pre-heat oven to 200º. In a large roasting pan, on the stove top over 2 burners, brown the rib roast on all sides. This will take about 8-10 minutes to do. About 1/2 cup of fat should render out during this process. Remove the roast from the pan and place a wire rack in the bottom of the pan. Set the roast on this rack. Place the roast in the oven and cook for 30 minutes per pound...it will take about 3 1/2 hours for a 7 pound roast. Meat temp should be around 125º for rare, 135º for medium rare. When removing from the oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest 20 minutes. This will allow the temp to go up another 5-10º and will allow the juices to re-distribute. [p]To make your AuJus, add some beef broth or red wine to the foil pan, heat up and scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan. Let this mixture reduce by 1/2.[p]HORSERADISH DIPPING SAUCE
    1/2 cup Sour cream
    2 tablespoon(s) Horseradish
    2 teaspoon(s) White pepper
    2 teaspoon(s) Worcestershire sauce[p]Mix all ingredients together and then chill.

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    prime-rib-slices.jpg
    <p />david,[p]I can second Stogie's recommendation for the prime rib. The picture is of the first one I ever did using Kevi's King of the Roasts recipe. It just melted in your mouth...![p]QBabe
    :~)

• david,[p]First you invite the forum. . .