Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate Setter - Necessary??

Kip
Kip Posts: 87
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How valuable an accessory is this? Is it necessary for indirect cooking? How is it best used?

Comments

• CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Kip,
    You can arrange firebricks to get the same cooking configurations as using a Plate Setter; the Plate Setter is just much easier and faster. I bought a Plate Setter and really like it and use it quite often. [p]It makes setting-up for indirect very easy; just put in the Plate Setter(inverted) add a drip pan and the grill and you are ready. Also great for raising the cooking surface to the level of the Egg opening--essential for pizza making.

• Kip,
    Not necessary, but it sure is nice to have...

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Kip,
    Like the others have said, it is not necessary but it sure makes life easier, although I'm sure the guys who use firebricks say the same thing.
    I think the key is that it fits perfectly without having to build/stack firebricks and it's the correct height without having to cut/adjust.
    To me, it's well worth the investment.