Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

after dropping a pizza I got a grip!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Like other tools you normally free most comfortable with what tool you learned to use first. In my case I'm referring to using a metal pizza peel vs a wooden one (actually I use both, the metal to prepare on and use to take off the finished pizza and the fancy wooden one to serve on.) One draw back with the metal peel is it is more slippery when a finished pizza is riding on it. Once I dumped a pizza on the deck because I was choking up on the handle and was holding by the metal collar. Today I had an idea and it worked out fine.
I went to a golf shop and purchased one package of golf club handle replacement tape. Starting roughly 4" from the end of the handle I started the wrap (it has a super adhesive tape back on it) and wound it tightly down the handle in a spiral fashion, with a slight overlap. The completed covered area now encompasses the metal collar part plus the "sweet" part where the peel feels balanced to me. The material has a great feel and I'm confident of the control.
Of course my two Westies were booing me as they had greatly enjoyed the dropped pizza back then.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Options
    RRP,
    What the HECK!! I love it! Just another example of someone being creative when it come to the BGE and "tweaking" the product to meat your needs. I hope people read this replay and let us all know how they have "fine tuned" other things. Myself, other than having a new light installed installed above my BGE, that's about it.....or maybe the exhaust fan and hood I'll be having put in the back room (cold storage room) for indoor Egging on those horrible weather days. I'll get that installed the same time my wife gets her wish of a gas fireplace in our living room......ha ha!