Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Pork Chop Dinner

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had a busy day that involved every emotion under the sun and some serious effort to make things work. But by the end of the day it all came together and it was time to light the Egg for some pork chops.

Used DP's Red Eye Express. Nothing else but a 450° direct fire and a couple of rum'n cokes. They were great. And to top it off Spring Hen made a delicious salad using bushes covered in olive salad (like we used on the Panini's last year). Really good.

Then I needed some time in the soothing waters of the spa. Started out great but then the marsh mosquitoes that blew in with Ike took a liking to my head. I spent more time fighting them off than I was willing to put up with so I vamoosed with about 20 of the varmints on my tail (not a pretty sight).

I will be spraying and spraying and spraying the little trouble makers from now until after the Coop Party. Can't be let'n our guests become 'skeeter food' can we. Besides, some of them are fully capable of taking the smaller Eggheads to their den for controlled feasting. I know this to be true because I noticed some had already put on snorkling gear to get the the juicy parts while I was still in the spa.

Anyway, DP Red Eye Express on your next pork chops. You will make yourself happy.

Spring "Skeeter Food" Chicken
Spring Texas USA