Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

London Broil Follow Up !

Ranger1Ranger1 Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
To all who answered my call for help, thank you! We just finished up the London Broil Supper and it was "mighty fine," as my sweet little daughter put it. I cooked the baked potatoes first according to TimM's instruction and then let the vent loose on the BGE to send that temp. up to 600* for two sided searing. Capped the whole thing off, top and bottom, and in about 40 minutes we were ready to eat; almost... My wife showed up with two steaks for me to cook. So off came the BGE top and wide open went the vent to revive the sleeping dragon! Cooked those steaks almost the same way, but much shorter time. Char-Woody, the "Dale's Steak Sauce," marinade was outstanding. You gotta try it. I could not do the medium well thing though; came close, but had to go for well done! Meat stayed wonderfully juicy and the flavor was great. Can't wait to do it again! Thanks TimM and everyone. Have a great weekend and I'll be thinking about you all while I'm working this weekend! :) r1

Comments