Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So...How did it go???

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Delicious. Perfect turkey. Moist, golden brown. Wonderful.[p]Was done a good hour or more ahead of schedule. I guess the long brining DOES speed it up, but a 21 lb turkey at 350 was done in 3 hours. Got up to about 180 leg at my final thermapen poke. [p]Stuffed and happy and no one has even looked at the pie yet. Coming up!

Comments

• Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Options
    MollyShark,
    Your cook is the same as mine...but without the crazy fire you had at the oneset. Did you add wood chips/chunks to smoke your bird?[p]p.s. I'm asking Santa for a small to cook along with my large!

• mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Peggy,[p]No extra smoke chips. Turkey seems to absorb it pretty intently and that brine gives it such a fabulous flavor it doesn't need anything else.[p]I've got a small on my list also. Already got the prices on it. Just trying to figure...do I sent it all to the IRS or do I get the small first. Shouldn't be a hard decision and expect to see the small by the beginning of the year..muuuaaahhh.