Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Eye Round Roast

cintelcintel Posts: 6
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever cooked an 8 pound eye round roast the low and slow method. I am curious about how it would come out after a 24 hour cook at 200 degrees. Thanks

Comments

• SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    cintel,[p]Nothing like that, but if you cook it ... they will come! Anyway, I'd love to hear your results!
  • cintelcintel Posts: 6
    Hi Smokey,[p]The roast cooked for 21 hours at 225 degrees with the lid closed the entire time. Internal meat temp reach 167. Eye round is a lean piece of meat with a nice fat cap. The roast was extremely tender and exceptionally tasty but not much moistness; however, condiments like mayo or mustard or BBQ sauce on a roll provided moisture. Tomorrow, we will have left the left overs with mashed potatoes and gravy along with some sweet green peas seasoned with mint.[p]Next week I'll try another eye round roast with reduced cooking tiiime to 10 hours at 225 looking for an internal temp of 155. I am hoping for more moisture. But either way I'll continue doing eye rounds low and slow. We all loved it.