Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Squid ?

DaveDave Posts: 163
edited 9:21PM in EggHead Forum
I've noticed a few references to putting squid in your eggs . Do you guys actually EAT that stuff or am I missing out on some delicacy for gourmet eggers ?.............Squid ??????????
·

Comments

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    Dave,[p]I don't consider squid a deicacy. You can get fried calimari at many a local yocal seafood eatery such as those in Cape Cod, Mass. I usually find it a little chewy but full o' fried goodness. If you deep fried glass, it'd prob taste pretty good.[p]It's not until you have squid at a fine Italian eatery such as Scalini Fideli, however, that you'll truly appreciate it as a delicacy. I'm sure people like NB can tell you how to turn squid into a delicacy with Mr. BGE. It's kinda hard to put a finger on the perfect squid. Poor implementations will be too chewy and not altogether pleasant. It's hard to quantify but when properly done it will have a perfect texture balance between squishy and chewy and a flavor unlike most others.[p]Ah, the finer things (non-email, non-ICQ, non-founder bashing monarchy birth right Queen of England etc...),
    Cornfed

·
  • Dave, I buy it all the time. It makes excellent bait. Fish have a hard time wrestling it off a hook.:^)
    ·
  • RhumAndJerkRhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Dave,
    Squid … It is not just for fishing any more.[p]Although NatureBoy is the Bait King (Just kidding) around here, I have cooked them as well and I am not the biggest on seafood. They came out very good.[p]If you fell adventurous, give them a try and cook them at high temperature. If you need a hand let us know. [p]Go Tribe!
    RhumAndJerk[p]

·