Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Please post ABT recipe

Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi there, I know this has been posted MANY times but I can't find the recipe for the atomic buffalo turds. Thanks very much and sorry for the repeat.

Comments

• dave,
    I used 2 lbs of fresh jalapenos (about 30 count 2-3 inch), 2 8oz blocks of cream cheese, 2 packs bacon... and I pulled a 2 pound pork roast (hickory smoked) I prepared last night for this. I ended up using about 2/3 of it on the turds.[p]On the grill for about 30 minutes around 325-350deg. Also smoked the turds with a small amount of maple wood.[p]I used a raised grid since I have a tendancy to flame food on the lower grid LOL[p]These are just great! They will go over real well at the picnic this evening I am attending. Yumm!
    Hope this helps...nde[p][p]

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    dave,[p]Hey dave... the short version:[p]Jalapenos
    cream cheese (I find this one optional)
    bacon
    pulled pork, chicken, brisket, alligator.....
    rub of choice

Cut pepper lenghtwise and seed.. keeping halves together.
    Stuff one half with meat and cream cheese and sprinkle with rub... attach other half.
    Wrap with bacon... (will hold without toothpicks)
    Grill at 275 to 325 until bacon is crispy.
    Eat until it burns the roof off the top of your mouth.
    Try to smother with loads o beer.[p]WD[p]

• WooDoggies
    Strmn2smoke,[p]You beat me to the post!
    Hope your ABT's made them pinickers scramble for the beers.[p]Cheers,[p]John

• Redpig
    Redpig Posts: 35
    WooDoggies,
    The ABT's sound very tasty. The cream cheese doesn't run out? Do you use indirect hit? I want to try them. Thanks

• WooDoggies
    RedPig,[p]I do them direct on a raised grid. The cream cheese is pretty dense and won't run out... however, I like mine without and a good dash of spicey rub instead. Try some with and some without with different kinds of meat adding a sliver of onion or habanero for a real kick. Endless variations.[p]Got an email from a 'old' seasoned cook this morn who mentioned that the abt's are usually prepared with just one half of the pepper and instead of using jalapenos he likes to use Hot Hungarian Yellow Wax peppers wrapping a full slice of bacon around the large peppers and half slice around the smaller.[p]Remember tho, what burns going in..... :~)[p]WD[p]

• Redpig
    Redpig Posts: 35
    WooDoggies,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I'm buying the large BGE today. I've got a homemade stainless steel smoker/grill, but I think the BGE will probably 'smoke' it. I'm going to try the ABT's.

• WooDoggies
    RedPig,[p]Congratulations on your new egg! They are very easy to use and the resource you have in this forum is downright invaluable.... folks here are as generous as they come.[p]And abt's are a 'no sweat' item... there really is no wrong way to do them.[p]Large New Guy beers to Ya![p]John
  • Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    dave,[p]Here is a post I made prior. You will find them simple to make. Enjoy~[p]http://www.biggreenegg.com/archives/2002/messages/42855.htm

[ul][li]Boccies ABT[/ul]
  • Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    WooDoggies,[p]LOL Well they werent sucking the beers, the picnic was actually my cousins wedding and would you believe no beer? LOL[p]They loved the turds. Even had request for the recipe. I have now made these with several different topping choices, and I think the pulled pork is the best :-)[p]Hamburger works well also.[p]Cya~[p]

[ul][li]Buffalo Turd Post[/ul]
  • Boccie,
    That photo is just enough to make anybody's drooling glands work overtime. I told a couple of buddies to take a look at what you cooked up and now they want to come over to my house. I told them to "Get a life... Get an Egg." Meanwhile, I am headed for the grocery to get ME some ABT fixn's. Thanks.[p]Spring Chicken