Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My new egg table and

Smokin-AJ'sSmokin-AJ's Posts: 99
edited 9:43AM in EggHead Forum
I am debating whether or not if I want to paint it or leave it as it is... a great looking treated material table. What would you do? Would you paint it or leave it alone?

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Personally, I think it needs some kind of protection, but you can decide whether you leave the natural wood or paint it.
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Clear coat it

101_2161.jpg
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    If it is made of pressure treated lumber you need to let it dry out for a few months before you stain, seal, or paint it.

After it dries you should protect it - at least the top. A clear urethane will protect the wood and will keep grease and other stains from penetrating it, making it easier to clean.
  • That looks really good!!
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    After waiting six months use 4-5 coats of Minwax Helmsman Spar Polyurethane. It will hold up a lot better than reg. poly.
    Smoking.jpg
  • looks great
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Nice table Cpt'n
  • my egg table is the new type of treated materials. I really don't have to wait till it drys because it is dry now. That is how it is manufactured nowadays.

I found a pretty 5 dollar gallon of Behr paint stain at the local home depot. It's a paint type stain. Not that minwax stuff. It almost looks like paint but it is a stain. Apparantly someone did not like the color tint and left it in the store so they could not put it back on the shelf. I may just paint it and be done with it and then take my egg out of the nest and put it into the table.
  • Pat: What product did you use on that table?