Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Turkey weight for Large BGE?

I've only done one turkey on the egg, and it's that time of year again. Anybody know the approximate upper-range weight turkey that will fit in a large BGE? Last year I cooked a 18# and it fit fine. Thanks.

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 19,498
    Tarheel Tom,
    last T-Day I egged a 24.5 pounder with no trouble - only caution is to be careful your domr thermometer doesn't impale the bird. Good luck!

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Tarheel Tom,[p]Did a 26 pounder last year with pecan chips and it was gooooood.
  • Woodoggies and RRP,[p]Thanks for the tips! Doggies, glad to see you are still on the board.

• WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Tarheel Tom,[p]Thanks and good to see you posting, too. I was wondering where you got off to.
    Hope you're holding up your end and keeping folks out yer way straight about the virtues of Southern cooking![p]Pork and hickory smoke is the only way to achieve nirvanna.... ya know.[p]WD[p]

• WooDoggies,[p]If I could get away with cooking a pork shoulder rather than a turkey on thanksgiving, I'd do it in a second! [p]