Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Bone and Corn for Dinner

Options
FrankC
FrankC Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hadn't had a chance to do much cooking last week, had to travel most of the week, then a birthday party on Saturday night for one of the kids friends. But, I did manage to get this tbone, seasoned with a spritz of EVOO, rubbed with garlic powder, kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper

09040801.jpg

But first, I roasted some fresh corn, also spritzed with EVOO and kosher salt, indirect at 300 for 45 minutes

09400802.jpg

Let the egg get up to 650 dome and put the tbone on the cast iron grate for the sear

09040803.jpg

90 seconds a side with nice grill marks

09040804.jpg

Shut down the lower vent and put the tbone back on, raised grid, along with a small sirloin for the kiddies

09040805.jpg

And then plated after reaching 120 degrees, and a 10 minute rest. The wife said that this was the best steak so far on the egg....I guess I'm finally getting this figured out. Here's the last shot plated with the tenderloin ready for my wife, and strip for me. Very good!
09040806.jpg

fc

Comments