Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Today's Cook

BamaEGG
BamaEGG Posts: 170
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
web.jpg
Top rack rubbed with a layer of mustard. Bottom rack is just rubbed.

web.jpg
Nothing on this rack.

Going to do 3-2-1 method and mop the last hour. I am also doing some baked beans in the dutch oven. RTR!!

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Looks great but you left no address so we could eat together! :woohoo: Enjoy!!
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Great lookin racks there Bama..but why one with just mustard?..I've used mustard as a binder to help tenderize and hold rub in place..not sure it alone will do much for your ribs flavor...let us know...
  • BamaEGG
    BamaEGG Posts: 170
    Good question Eggtucky. My wife doesn't really like her ribs rubbed hence the plain rack. The other two is more or less an experiment for my own taste. Typically I have only rubbed and not used the mustard. In fact I have only used mustard one time on ribs (more common on butts). I almost felt that the mustard helped the rub to overpower the ribs so I haven't done it since. I have really gotten better at doing ribs and have perfected my own personal rub so I am taking another stab at it.
  • Looking good BamaEGG..Roll Tide!

FYI : Leave those puppies on for about 7-8 hours (indirect) & you won't need any 3.2.1 method....trust me, they will be just as good ;)
  • Just took mine off the egg. Ribs have become a gameday tradition for us. Please allow me to say ROLL TIDE!