Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Today's Cook

BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 169
edited 10:07AM in EggHead Forum
web.jpg
Top rack rubbed with a layer of mustard. Bottom rack is just rubbed.

web.jpg
Nothing on this rack.

Going to do 3-2-1 method and mop the last hour. I am also doing some baked beans in the dutch oven. RTR!!

Comments

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Looks great but you left no address so we could eat together! :woohoo: Enjoy!!
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Great lookin racks there Bama..but why one with just mustard?..I've used mustard as a binder to help tenderize and hold rub in place..not sure it alone will do much for your ribs flavor...let us know...
  • BamaEGGBamaEGG Posts: 169
    Good question Eggtucky. My wife doesn't really like her ribs rubbed hence the plain rack. The other two is more or less an experiment for my own taste. Typically I have only rubbed and not used the mustard. In fact I have only used mustard one time on ribs (more common on butts). I almost felt that the mustard helped the rub to overpower the ribs so I haven't done it since. I have really gotten better at doing ribs and have perfected my own personal rub so I am taking another stab at it.
  • Looking good BamaEGG..Roll Tide!

FYI : Leave those puppies on for about 7-8 hours (indirect) & you won't need any 3.2.1 method....trust me, they will be just as good ;)
  • Just took mine off the egg. Ribs have become a gameday tradition for us. Please allow me to say ROLL TIDE!