Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Aftermath of Prime Rib

mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited 8:38PM in EggHead Forum
Was pondering last week's prime rib. Was quite delicious, incidentally. I cooked it till it hit 145 on the Polder, but when I cut it open, the inside middle (where the polder was poking) looked almost raw! I left it on another half hour and the temp really didn't increase much.[p]Now that I'm contemplating, I remember reading about letting it sit for a while for redistribution of juices before you cut into it. Do you think since the temp was 145, the "raw" appearance was just because the juice was in the center? Maybe I panicked?