Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help !! Sauces for Pulled Pork Sandwiches

Options
Dean
Dean Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Damaged message -- original body lost.

Comments

• bigmikej
    bigmikej Posts: 216
    Options
    Dean,[p]I would try Elder Ward's Eastern NC vinegar based sauce. Recipe is on this site in the pork section of the recipes. After you pull the meat, just drench it with the sauce. This sandwich is particularly good with some of your favorite colesalw on top. I even like to add a touch of my favorite tomato based sauce to the sandwich for extra flavor, though it doesn't need it. Any way you go, this will be the best 'cue you have ever eaten.

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    Dean,
    When I first pull the pork, I like to sprinkle on just enough sauce to moisten all the pieces. Then I'll put out more sauce for folks to add to their taste.[p]For sauces, try this one (I think I copied it from SOAR).
    North Carolina Barbecue Sauce
    2 cups vinegar
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup ketchup
    2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
    1 tablespoon pepper
    1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon salt[p]Bring vinegar and water just to simmer. Add other ingredients and stir well.[p]Ken

• JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Dean,
    Try this one.

[ul][li]Pop's No-Cook[/ul]
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Dean,[p]One of the best sites for Regional sauces.[p]Stogie
    [ul][li]Sauces by region[/ul]
  • Cap'n
    Cap'n Posts: 72
    Options
    Hey Ken,[p]North Carolina is a mighty wide state - and that sauce my friend must be of Lexington-ilk or west...definitely not eastern carolina juice.[p]The sauce I used this summer at Drew's pig pickin in CO was just 4 ingredients - good quality apple cider vinegar, Texas Pete, crushed red pepper, and a touch of powdered mustard.[p]Though it still ain't near what Charlie can make.[p]Cheers,
    Brian