Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Meat Slicer ....Recommendations

Options
Ike Witt
Ike Witt Posts: 195
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm looking for a good slicer for use at home, would appreciate any recommendations. also price points.

thanks
allen

Comments

• Weekend Warrior
    Options
    Alot of folks have the upper-end Chef's Choice model and have said they like it. I bought a commercial Globe model 3500 1/2hp. slicer off of ebay for $500 a couple of years ago. It weighs 100# and stays on my meat cutting table in the garage with my grinder. A clean Hobart 1612 or 1812 are good models in a used commercial manual slicer also. Most of the home models will struggle with cutting cheeses. It just depends what you want to do with it and how often. Email me with your phone for more info if you're interested in any of the commercial models. Mark
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    I posed the same question recently and not being prepared to shell out big $, many suggested the sonic blade.

Yes, the one on TV, I have yet to pull the trigger on it but have checked Amazon and I'm sure I will buy one soon.

I have my doubts when it comes to a non-commercial slicer.

Walt
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Chef's Choice Model 630 or 632. The 632 has a tilt feature.

Also, get the non-serrated blade.

Not too bad to clean and works very well.
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    I picked up the Chefs Choice model 630 and have used it for the past 7 months. So far it has handled everything I have put through it with ease. The clean up is easy and the unit feels quite substantial in its build quality. The only reason I went with the 630 and not the 632 is that I did not see the tilt feature being worth an additional $50 to me. So far, I haven't missed it.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.