Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well Spent $'s

CR
CR Posts: 175
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I must say that there have been very few that have worked as well(and as advertised) or given me as much satisfaction as the BGE.[p]If non-eggers think that we are a bunch of zealots it's because we are. If they only knew.[p][p]

Comments

• CR,
    Amen,amen,amen!!!!

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    CR,[p]On a visit to another BBQ forum, today, I found a thread about pellet smokers vs non-pellets smokers. The owners of pellet smokers were EVERY BIT as zealous as ceramic cooker owners - so there is nothing to be ashamed about!!!!!!!!!!![p]I have yet to figure out why anyone wnats to smoke a pellet, but............... each to his own. Anybody here tried a smoked pellet? [p]Tim
  • CR
    CR Posts: 175
    Tim M,
    I went over and read the thread on the pellet cookers. It was, perhaps, the most hilariuos stuff I have read in a long time. It reminds me of the Black Knight scene in "Monty Python's Holy Grail."[p]I think that all the different cookers have their uses and can produce great results but, if someone asks me what I would recommend for a backyard cooker, to cook for family and friends, there is no doubt in my mind that the ceramic is the way to go. Especially for novices like myself.

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    CR,
    I happen to agree with you! It is a great toy to have, regardless of the detractors out there. I am sure that there are other cookers that everyone swears by, but the BGE is the one I swear by. I do not cook in contests, nor do I have other cookers other that a gasser.
    Therefore, thank God and the great military that we have, we are all able to cook on what we enjoy, BGE or not!
    Hammer Down