Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto With Goat Cheese

Options
FearlessGrill
FearlessGrill Posts: 695
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
As I posted the other day, we cooked up a feast for about 20 guests on Labor Day. One of the favorite recipes we made was Figs Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Wrapped in Prosciutto. This is something my wife came up with, based on a recipe originally published in Bobby Flay's Boy Meets Grill.

Full details on this recipe posted on our blog at http://www.fearlesskitchen.com/2008/09/recipe-figs-wra.html

Figs%20with%20Goat%20Cheese%202.jpg

1 pint figs
About 2/3 log of fresh, moist goat cheese
1 - 2 packages prosciutto
1/2 bunch fresh rosemary, leaves only
1/2 bunch fresh chives
1 cup olive oil
toothpicks, soaked in water prior to use

Cut the figs in half. Place a thin slice of goat cheese on top of the fig. Wrap in a piece of prosciutto, and put a toothpick through to hold it together.

Put the oil and herbs in the blender, and blend till smooth. Note that this seemed to make about twice as much oil as we thought was necessary. You can reserve the rest for use in another recipe, or just halve the amounts up front.

Cook the figs direct at 350ish for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Avoid charring the proscuitto. Remove from the Egg, drizzle with the herb oil, and serve immediately.

Note that I actually cooked this on my gas grill, because my wife didn't tell me she was making these, and I already had a beef roast going in the Egg. They came out fine, but I would have rather made them in the Egg. Might be time to pick up another one. :)

Enjoy!

-John

Comments