Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Why Are You Not Cooking????

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ok i check the "who's comming" portion of the eggfest on a daily basis.. that is how i know there are 10 people from my town comming (i know 6 of them)...

my question is if there are forum people who are going to be ther why are you not cooking?

this will be my first year cooking... last year i had a pretty good excuse (here you go fidel!! thanks max)

parkerbente.jpg

the year before that was my first eggfest so i had no idea what to expect...

so why are some of the others not cooking ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    hey i asked myself the same question!! thanks for bringing it up. it will be my first fest and i will be cooking,plus i am coming all the way from canada....i am curious as well why are we only a small amount of cookers!!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Looks like you need someone out there with a size 13 shoe and give the people from your community a good kick to jump start them.
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Love that picture, Terry! Do you have any of your baby?? :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    First year attendee here.........cooking.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i am just glad to have other eggers around me ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    thanks john!!!! for that i will bring you some kind of grape flavored item ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    when will you be ariving in atl?

reason i ask is i am sort of planning on getting there friday morning.. and i will skip the varsity trip.. i will proabably eat some sushi close to the hotels if you are interested ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    yea the first year was my eye opener to the fact that i should cook.. ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Darnoc
    Options
    Stop bragging or someone out there will challenge you to a throw down.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i am not sure it was braging...

i figured why walk around when people will come to you :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Hey Terry this will be my 10th year cooking at eggtoberfest. I enjoy cooking more than just walking around.Don't worry about food if you and Rod cook like you did here and this family that cooked by me and the Toads the last few years can feed a couple of hundred .LOL

Norberg, Kirsten Cornelius, NC Cheese Bread & Jambalya
    Norberg, Jeremiah Cornelius, NC
    Norberg, Bill (bill Norberg) Hickory, NC Ribs and Steak w/Chimichurri sauce
    Norberg, Casey Hickory, NC
    Norberg, Johannes (johannes Norberg) Winnipeg, Manitoba Chili Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
    Norberg, Candace (candace Norberg) Charlotte, North Carolina (to be determined)
    Norberg, Kris Atlanta, GA brats and steak
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    hey, i love that picture. . . and thank god i focused on parker, right?? :whistle::whistle: . .of course, notice that parker was certainly well fed!!heee . . .

i know i cooked at my eggfest . . .if anything, i've tended to cut back on my cooking the more eggfests i attend in order to schmooze more. ..
  • Darnoc
    Options
    See ya later.Have to make a run to my favorite Italian deli an pick up some supply's.My son just got back from Korea and it will be a long weekend of cooking ahead of me.No complaints because we all love to do it as per Pete aka Celtic Wolf.
  • mikeb6109
    Options
    well i am with little steven but i believe we get there thursday......i am up for anything!
  • Steeler Fan
    Options
    Tery, art thou and YB possible discussing yours truly.
    After retiring, I am know again gainfully employed, paying social security and therefore expect you guys to feed me and feed me and feed me. Day and night might be good too. See you there.
  • BENTE
    Options
    i am looking forward to it more this year than in the previous years..

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    do you tend to cook more for the afterparty????

this will be my first afterparty

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    count me in for sushi!
  • BENTE
    Options
    but i don't remember you cooking last year?

in fact i have only seen you cook in agusta :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    well we need to look into it???

if you come in thursday you will be on the interstate at the same time i will but i will be on i-85 near charlotte n.c. ya'll will proabably come down 75 :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    With that precious child and that lovely wife how could anyone think about BBQing. I am just saying; I would be prancing and showing the family OFF ! ! ! OK THEN grill
  • BENTE
    Options
    that was last year she was 3 weeks old then!!!

this year she may get to sample more than what max took a pic of :whistle:

DSCN1102.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    I try to encourage all first timers to cook unless they just recently bought their egg.
    I have a local (2 hour drive) fest in 3 weeks. Can't wait.

Mike
  • BENTE
    Options
    did you fail to read the title???? :woohoo: :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mikeb6109
    Options
    what the airport lands on the highway over there?? here in canada we have airports?????? go figure how things are so different !!
  • BENTE
    Options
    yea but ya'll have that funny looking money.. do they even accept that stuff at the airport?? :lol:

but at least ya'll can buy a good cohiba :angry: :(

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mikeb6109
    Options
    cohiba?? you need to translate that one!
    funny money what do you mean...
    if you need anything from the north let me know and i'll see what i can do for you.
    ma and steve are staying at the country inn and suites friday and saturday. thursday well that is still up.steve seems to believe he can find us a place to crash.
  • BENTE
    Options
    there are several places around there... there is a motel 6 not far away

cohiba= fine cuban cigar ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• mikeb6109
    Options
    i believe i have one in the freezer from a party last year! it was given to me as a gift after egging for a party! i never smoked it yet.not a smoker so i guess it might stay there for a while yet. that is if i can find under all the pulled pork and brisket! lol
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    "Hail" is Southern for HeLL :)