Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My single lonesome medium...

Options
Cory430
Cory430 Posts: 1,073
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
is all alone no more! He has a brandspanking new big brother!
DSC00602.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

Woo hoo! Big frustrating cooks have just become a whole lot more simple :woohoo:

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Congrats on your purchase. You are going to love having two eggs. And you get to modify your profile too....

The dome on the large looks off kilter a bit. I would loosen the top band just a little, straighten it out, and make sure that top band is as tight as you can get it against the upper lip on that dome.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    For sake of clarity don't you mean that normally the dome thermometer rests above the handle and therefore needs to be loosened and turned. The word straightened confused, :blink:
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    congrats on the new family member! break him in right and don't let him show off t baby brother! now you can keep one for baking :) breads and cakes and cobblers and pies :)
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Yes, that is what I mean.

Thanks for clarifying for me. I guess you can't really straighten a circle, now can you?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    the section of a circle after being straigtened would be called a tangent! Pulled that one out of the clob webs from 50 years ago!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    My Medium is still lonley but hopes for a little brother soon also. ;) You will really like ability to do two differant cooks at once. Main meal on the Medium and sides on the small!
  • Pitmaster
    Options
    Hey Cory...is that an ALaskan AMber sitting there between them? I had yet to meet someone else that drinks ALaskan!

John
  • Cory430
    Options
    Yeah, I figured that out about the time I got finished and didn't feel like fooling with it anymore. I'll get it straightened out tomorrow.
  • Cory430
    Options
    I like meat waaaaaaay to much to donate a whole egg to bread and pies and such :laugh:
  • Cory430
    Options
    JL, I really like the idea of being able to cook different things at different temps at the same time. Plus the large gives me a whole lot more capacity for my catering gigs
  • Cory430
    Options
    The Alaskan is great. Their Summer Ale is outstanding as well :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Cory,
    I just got a large also to join my medium as well! First cook on it this weekend. Should be interesting seeing what the differences are.
    Enjoy,
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Cory430
    Options
    My first cook will be tomorrow. 24lbs of Boston Butt! It oughta be a blast :laugh: I am really looking forward to it. An overnighter for the first cook.