Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Newby

Options
valrune
valrune Posts: 134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just want to say HI to everyone on the forum! I have been lerking for some time and have been interested in the BGE for even longer. I have to admit, the food that you guys and gals put out is very impressive, actually its kind of intimadating! I just registered for the Fest in Tucker and jumped on the large BGE demo package because with the price of the demo and the cost of traveling from Enon,Ohio (Dayton/Springfield area) it is still lower than the closest dealer to me. I hope that there is at least one left for me! Will the Egg be covered under the factory warranty? I have to admit that the dealer in Springfield is very nice and I hope to do business with them in the future (if they are not mad because I didn't buy the egg from them). This will be my first Fest and I'm planning on putting the Egg in the backseat of my midsize sedan, will that possible, will the egg be cool enough/emptied of coals and ash? Any tips or tricks that a first timer should be aware of? I'm sorry for such a long post but I appreciate any input from the masters! Valrune

Comments

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    The answer to all your questions is 'yes'.
  • valrune
    Options
    Sweet!!! Will any accessories be availble at "demo" prices like plate setters,etc? I'm looking foward to seeing everyone there and checking out all of the awesome foods, and eggs in action! Valrune
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    Welcome to the forum. The egg will fit in the back seat of your car, although it would look better up front, buckled in of course. They stop cooking early enough to allow the eggs to cool before you can pick it up. They will hold eggs for up to a week so if you find yourself staying until Monday you can pick it up then. That's what I'm doing. You are getting a few more items than just an egg, allow room for a 20 LB bag of lump and the nest the egg sits in. If you click on the banner at the top of the page it should answer most questions.

Again welcome and please post picture of your cooks. We like that.

DSC_0014_edited.jpg
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    That I don't know, but you can buy anything there you need.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    Have fun out there, and congratulations on your first addition :)
  • hey! you are not that far from me here in farmersville, oh.

feel free to email me with any questions you have. you're going to have a great time at the fest! as they said, the answer to all your questions is YES :woohoo:
  • Q-rious Tom
    Options
    It may fit in the back seat; it will fit in the passenger seat in front, in any case (depends more on your door size than anything else). Take a couple of towels or a blanket along, to protect your upholstery.

Also, take a small adjustable wrench. The nest will fold almost flat if you loosen the two center screws - and it will fit the trunk better that way. You'll also be getting a 20 pound bag of BGE lump charcoal and a small box of accessories in addition to anything you pick up at the store.

Oh - and take an appetite!

Tom
  • valrune
    Options
    Thanks guys for your replies, I'm getting excited! Valrune